Can you put aluminum foil in the Air Fryer
Why would you want to use aluminum foil in the air fryer?
1.It helps create better flavor.
2.It helps food heat evenly.
3.It makes cleanup easier.
4.Helps prevent food from sticking to the basket.
How to use foil in your Air Fryer
- Familiarize yourself with the make and model of your air fryer, learn how to use it, and read your owner’s manual for things to look out for.
- The aluminum foil should not completely cover the basket during use, which is beneficial to the holes for the hot air circulating around. Just take a small amount of aluminum foil and cover the bottom of the basket, leaving a gap around it.
- For solid food, such as potatoes or tomatoes, we can poke some small holes in the bottom of the aluminum foil, which will help the food to be heated evenly. Of course these foods don’t have oil dripping down
- For the food with oil flowing out, we can fold it into a small square box with aluminum foil, this size is smaller than the basket, and it is also conducive to the deliciousness of our food
When to use aluminum foil in the Air Fryer
1. Breakfast, when we want to leave more time for sleep, get up in a hurry, prepare a salad, and bake some bread or tomatoes in the air fryer
2. Children’s snacks, fried chicken, French fries… are all children’s favorites, you no longer have to fry with oil
3. Family dinner, when family dinner, grilled fish, grilled chicken wings, grilled tofu, etc., make you a chef that everyone admires
4. Warm up leftovers when you have leftovers from a previous meal.
Step 4: Add food in, but don’t overcrowd the basket with food
Don’t use aluminum foil to cook the following food
- Acidic foods.
- Foods dipped in a wet batter. It’s too messy, and will not fry up the way it would in a deep fryer. All the batter will simply fall off the food and drop to the bottom of the pan.
- Leafy green vegetables. They will stick to the sides of the air fryer and not cook evenly.
- Anything with a lot of cheese. The cheese will cook and melt more quickly than the rest of the food, and if you put it into the air fryer without it being breaded, it will result in an ooey-gooey mess.
- Uncooked pasta, or grains. An air fryer does not cook pasta and grains. They need to be precooked if added to the air fryer, for a crispy texture